arielbissett

Ariel Bissett

Put up your hand if you like books. .. EXACTLY.

The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater
Progress: 212/408 pages
The Miseducation of Cameron Post
Emily M. Danforth
Progress: 314/480 pages
The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel - Neil Gaiman So much to say! Mainly, my biggest point, is that I listened ot this as an audiobook.. My first audiobook listening experience EVER. AND I LOVED IT. For the #booktubeathon, it maybe wasn't the best thing for speed reading, because one thing I've learned about audiobooks is that you can't rush them. It's not always possible to read the audiobook (especially because I don't have headphones so I had to be on my own to listen to it), and you have to surrender to the time the audiobook is and just afcept that that is the time you will spend on it it. That being said, I loved listening to it. It was fun and different and relaxing.On the actual book: Neil Gaiman was perfect for the narration. It makes the most sense to me that the author reads the book,.. Especially when the author has a beautiful and rich British accent. He knew where to accent words and when to stress things. This was my first Neil Gaiman book, and it will not be my last. His writing is gorgeous and has such depth, and his story was so magical and fantastical. I would give this book closer to a 4.5 stars, but the audiobook version and the excitement of being introduced to this brilliant author knocks it up to 5 :)