arielbissett

Ariel Bissett

Put up your hand if you like books. .. EXACTLY.

The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater
Progress: 212/408 pages
The Miseducation of Cameron Post
Emily M. Danforth
Progress: 314/480 pages
Wanderlove - Kirsten Hubbard I heard about this book over a year ago, but it seemed that no matter what I did I was never able to acquire it. No book stores I visited ever had it and back then I had never ordered books online. Then I moved here to Honduras where books are not available and so I would have my dad search for it every time he would travel back to Canada, but to no avail. I thought to order it.. but it was only available in hardcover and I couldn't afford it. FINALLY, about a month ago, the paperback was released and I jumped on the moment: I ordered the book and waited for my dad to go back to Canada to pick it up and then come back here to Honduras to give it to me. And so now I have it, and my god was it glorious and my goodness was it perfectly timed.I tell you this story because two important things happened on my quest to attain this book.1) After so much waiting, so much wanting, my expectations kept growing higher and higher until yesterday when I finally had it in my hands I was actually hesitant to read it because of the fear that it wouldn't be as good as I had built it up to be. Let me tell you that it WAS everything I wanted and that it beat all my expectations.2) I moved to Honduras. Obviously, this was huge. This is a travel book about a girl visiting Central America. Albeit she spends most of her time in Guatemala and Belize, but nevertheless I know those places, I've been to those places, and the personal connection I made to this book was probably what made me revel in it so much. Every other sentence I was smiling like a fool because I was thinking "Yes! The bathrooms are EXACTLY like that!" "This is so spot on!" "KIRSTIN HUBBARD YOU UNDERSTAND." I will absolutely be doing a review on this and it will be a very personal and exciting one because this book was very personal and exciting for me. I am so happy that after everything I finally did read this book. Because it blew me away.