arielbissett

Ariel Bissett

Put up your hand if you like books. .. EXACTLY.

The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater
Progress: 212/408 pages
The Miseducation of Cameron Post
Emily M. Danforth
Progress: 314/480 pages
One Night That Changes Everything - Lauren Barnholdt I literally just finished this book an hour ago, so this review will be pretty fresh ! It took me about 3 days to read; it is not long and not difficult so pretty much everyone should be able to fly through it.Synopsis: So what is this book about? Basically, the main character Eliza keeps a notebook full of lists of things she is afraid to do - from wearing a certain outfit, to posting a "sexy" picture on facebook, to asking a guy to dance. The book literally starts off with her searching for this book because she has lost it. It turns out her recent ex-boyfriend has it, along with his strange group of friends, and are now making her do some of the things in the book to make her payback for something she did to them as payback for when her and her boyfriend, Cooper, broke up. The entire book takes place over the course of one night which was really interesting. I don't think I've ever read a book that took over such a short period of time. It was cool to follow all of the crazy things that happen to Eliza and her two friends over the course of the book. I would probably give this book a 7/10. I did enjoy it, but I also didn't think it had any deep lessons or anything that I really took away from it. Obviously, the lesson is to not be afraid to do anything, but it was kind of obvious that that was the point of the book. Instead of taking it as a deep book then, I decided to just take it as an entertainment book.As an entertainment book it was great. The dares she does are great and very believable. The setting of Boston is explored thoroughly and is lots of fun to discover. The characters themselves did not have really good plot development.Since we know barely anything about them before this night, and nothing after this night, we only see them for what they are during this one night. The characters where all fun though, but again there was not much to learn from them.This book was definitely a romance between Eliza and Cooper, on why they broke up, how they really feel about each other, and if they are going to get back together.Overall, I thought this was fun read. It wasn't thought-provoking, but not all books need to be. The ending was good, and the characters start to grow on you.