arielbissett

Ariel Bissett

Put up your hand if you like books. .. EXACTLY.

The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater
Progress: 212/408 pages
The Miseducation of Cameron Post
Emily M. Danforth
Progress: 314/480 pages

The Light Between Oceans

The Light Between Oceans: A Novel - ML Stedman

This was a really beautiful book. The thing that took my breath away the most was the scenery and tone. It was just gorgeous. It felt relaxing and pleasant; the cold Australian beaches were so rich and calming. Technically, I took a long time to read this book. But it didn't feel that way. It felt like I was taking my time,.. this book and I were enjoying each other.

However, the drama was another story. It was stressful and worrisome, which made a very interesting dynamic. I read this with my friend Jesse* and we had such fun discussing it. We talked about really minute details, about how we thought the plot would develop, about how we HOPED the plot would develop, and would judge character decisions. This book is about a decision, how one decision can be so pivotal, and we had a good time discussing our opinions.

This is not the type of book I would recommend to everyone, though. It was very slow paced, and I think some people might find it at times a bit infuriating. I feel like this is the type of book you just have to take your time with.

I also want to add, to people who HAVE read this, that although I fully accept the ending, I was hoping for a different one.

*Great guy! Check him out! youtube.com/jessethereader